These AWS Event Terms and Conditions (these “Terms”) are an agreement between Amazon Web Services, Inc. (“AWS,” “we,” “us,” or “our”) and you. By registering for this event (the “Event”), you confirm that you have read, understand and agree to these Terms. We may modify these Terms at any time by posting a revised version on the Event’s registration webpage or by providing other notice to you. By participating in the Event, you agree to the latest version of these Terms.
1. Registration. To register for the Event, you must complete the Event registration process and pay any registration fee. You must be at least 21 years of age on the first day of the Event to be eligible to attend the Event. Event registration may close earlier than posted deadlines, as determined in our sole discretion. Event registration is subject to availability.
2. Payment. If the Event’s registration webpage states that registration fees or other fees are required for the Event, payment must be made via credit card at the time you register for the Event.
3. Cancellation by You. If registration fees or other fees are required for the Event, cancellation instructions and the refund policy will be listed on the Event’s registration webpage.
4. Event Program and Cancellation by Us. The Event program is subject to change and may include additional activities, including social or sporting events, outside of the primary venue(s). AWS may cancel the Event at any time and may deny, limit or cancel a registration for the Event (including a confirmed registration) at any time, for any or no reason. AWS is not responsible for any damages, direct or indirect, resulting from such cancellation. If AWS cancels the Event or your registration, so long as you are in compliance with these Terms and any refund policy listed on the Event’s registration webpage, AWS will issue you a full refund of your Event registration fee in accordance with that refund policy. In the event of any cancellation by you or AWS, except for Sections 1, 5, and 8, these Terms will continue in full force and effect.
5. Code of Conduct and Security. You agree to (a) behave in such a way as to create a safe, supportive learning environment while at the Event and any related events, (b) not engage in disruptive speech or behavior or otherwise interfere with the Event or other individuals’ participation in the Event, (c) comply with all applicable laws, and (d) not engage in any form of harassing, offensive, discriminatory or threatening speech or behavior, including relating to race, gender, sexual orientation, religion or disability. If AWS believes that you are not complying or will not comply with these rules, then AWS may deny you entry or require you to leave the Event, including any related events and event venue(s) (unless otherwise prohibited by law) and you will not be eligible to receive a refund of any fees paid to AWS related to the Event. If you witness such behavior of other participants, please promptly contact an AWS staff member so direct action can be taken. Your safety and security is important. You understand that you and your property may be subject to a reasonable search upon entry to the Event. Your refusal to participate in these security measures may result in your denial of entry without refund of registration fees or other fees. We also reserve the right to ask you to leave the Event (without refund of any of your fees) if your behavior causes us concern for the safety or security of Event attendees.
7. License to Use Materials. You grant us, our affiliates, and our independent contractors the right to record, film, photograph, and capture your voice and likeness in any media at the Event (the “Items”). By attending the Event, you grant to AWS and its affiliates, agents, employees, and assigns an irrevocable, nonexclusive, perpetual, worldwide, royalty-free right and license to use, reproduce, modify, and distribute, for any purpose relating to our business, all or any part of the Items and other materials submitted or presented by you (in electronic copy, hard copy, or otherwise) in connection with the Event (collectively, the “Materials”). We may edit the Materials, use them alone or together with other information including your name and biographical information, and allow others to use and disseminate them. You waive any moral rights you may have in the Materials (unless prohibited by law).
8. Assumption of Risk. You acknowledge and agree that your attendance and participation in the Event is voluntary. You agree to assume the risks associated with attending and participating in the Event to the fullest extent permitted under applicable law. If you choose to consume alcohol at any Event, you represent that you are over the applicable legal drinking age.
9. Release of Claims. You (for yourself, your heirs, personal representatives, assigns, and anyone else who might make a claim on your behalf) hereby release AWS and its affiliates, and their respective directors, officers, employees, contractors, representatives, agents, successors and assigns, from any and all claims, demands, causes of action, suits, damages, losses, debts, liabilities, costs and expenses (including without limitation reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs) that you may have now or in the future associated in any way with the Event or the Items.
10. Taxes. Each party will be responsible for paying all applicable taxes and other governmental fees, charges, penalties, interest, and additions to such taxes that are imposed on that party upon or with respect to the transactions and payments under these Terms. All fees payable by you are exclusive of applicable taxes and duties, including, without limitation, VAT, excise taxes, sales and transaction taxes, and gross receipts taxes (“Indirect Taxes”). AWS may collect Indirect Taxes from you, unless you furnish AWS with a properly completed exemption certificate or a direct payment permit certificate for which AWS may claim an available exemption from Indirect Tax.
11. Indemnification. You will defend, indemnify and hold harmless AWS and its affiliates, and their respective directors, officers, employees, contractors, representatives, agents, successors and assigns, from and against any loss, damage, costs and expenses (including without limitation reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs), and any other liability related to or arising out of your attendance, participation or conduct at the Event.
12. Limitation of Liability. IN NO EVENT WILL (a) AWS BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OF DATA, LOSS OF PROFITS, LOSS OF OPPORTUNITY, COST OF COVER OR FOR ANY SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES OR (b) THE AGGREGATE LIABILITY OF AWS FOR ALL OTHER DAMAGES IN CONNECTION WITH THE EVENT EXCEED $100.
13. Sanctions. You represent and warrant that you and your financial institution(s) used to fund any fees required for the Event are not subject to sanctions or otherwise designated on any list of prohibited or restricted parties or owned or controlled by such a party, including but not limited to the lists maintained by the United Nations Security Council, the US Government (e.g., the US Department of Treasury’s Specially Designated Nationals list and Foreign Sanctions Evaders list and the US Department of Commerce’s Entity List), the European Union or its member states, or other applicable government authority.
14. Assignment. Neither party may assign or otherwise transfer these Terms or any of its rights and obligations under these Terms without the prior written approval of the other party; except that either party may assign or otherwise transfer these Terms without the consent of the other party (a) in connection with a merger, acquisition or sale of all or substantially all of its assets, or (b) to any affiliate or as part of a corporate reorganization. Effective upon such assignment or transfer, subject to the assignee/transferee’s consent, the assignee/transferee is deemed substituted for the assignor/transferor as a party to these Terms and the assignor/transferor is fully released from all of its obligations and duties to perform under these Terms. Subject to the foregoing, these Terms will be binding upon, and inure to the benefit of the parties and their respective permitted successors and assigns.
15. Choice of Law and Venue. These Terms will be deemed made in and will be construed in accordance with and governed by the laws of the State of Washington. For any dispute arising out of these Terms, you irrevocably submit to venue and exclusive personal jurisdiction in the federal and state courts in Seattle, King County, Washington, USA, and waive all objections to jurisdiction and venue of such courts.
Last updated: August 23, 2018