Trying to convince your manager to let you attend the AWS re:Invent conference? We’ve created a customizable email template you can use to prove the value of your trip.
Dear [your manager's name],
I’d like your permission to attend the largest global conference focused on cloud computing, AWS re:Invent, from November 27 to December 1 in Las Vegas. Attending this conference will be beneficial for both my personal growth and our company’s cloud knowledge in the following areas:
- Boost proficiency in core AWS services like Amazon EC2, S3, RDS, and Redshift.
- Be the first to hear about new AWS products and features.
- Get educated on technical best practices during +1000 breakout sessions on topics such as cloud architecture, continuous deployment, monitoring and management, performance, security, migration and more.
- Find answers to our development questions and learn technical tips and tricks from AWS architects, engineers, product leads and expert users.
- Gain valuable hands-on experience that can be brought back to my team in day-long technical bootcamps, self-paced labs and hackathons.
- Discover new ways to reduce our company’s AWS bill.
Domestic airfare estimate: $600
Hotel (4 nights at The Venetian) $199/night: $796
Registration fee: $1,799
After the conference, I’ll circulate a report that will include a summary of what I learned plus a set of recommendations to increase our team’s productivity and maximize our cloud investment.
Thank you for considering my request to attend this event.
Looking forward to your reply,